- Contribute within a learning environment in this rewarding career opportunity
- Part-Time, 60 hours per fortnight
- Salary from $45,505 to $51,972 per annum pro-rata (subject to skills and experience) plus 9.5% Superannuation
Georges River Council is seeking a Childcare Assistant (Cert III) to provide a friendly, secure and stimulating learning environment for all children attending the Centre, and to assist in the planning and implementation of programmes which meet the developmental, cultural and special needs of children in care. To provide support to, and ensure regular communication with parents of children in care.
To be successfully appointed to this position, you must possess the following:
- Certificate III in Children’s Services.
- Current First Aid Certificate, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management Certificates.
- Approved current Working with Children Check (must be issued after 2013).
- Sound oral and written communication skills in English.
- NSW Department of Education and Communities approved Child Protection Training Certificate.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, and to provide role-modelling as appropriate.
- Good oral communication skills and ability to relate well to children, Families , staff, volunteers and the community.
- Previous experience working as a Child Care Assistant preferably with children 0-5 years of age in a Child Care Centre.
If you think this sounds like you please review the position description available on this page.
After reviewing the position description, if you would like further information on this role, please contact Marisa Rodriguez on 02 9547 0943.
Applications close: Tuesday 12 December 2017.
Applicants may be subject to employment screening by Councils third party providers.