- Contribute at an operational level in this rewarding career opportunity
- Permanent, Full time, 70 hours per fortnight
- Salary from $73,144.10 to $84,744.81 per annum (subject to skills and experience) plus 9.5% Superannuation
Georges River Council is seeking an experienced and innovative Team Leader to provide high quality, effective and efficient Information, Reference, Inter-Library Loans and Local Studies services to meet the recreational, cultural, informational and educational needs of the community. They will ensure resources are current, accessible and available to library customers when required.
To be successfully appointed to this position, you must possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in library & information science
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in using an Integrated Library Management System, the Internet and electronic databases to access information.
- Experience in the preparation and delivery of Information Literacy programs, aimed to educate users in research and information finding skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, train and supervise people in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated analytical, time management, organisational, project management and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to understand the customers' priorities to enable anticipation of their needs and demonstrate initiative in adapting team plans and goals to meet them
- Strong commitment and proven ability to deliver a high quality customer focused library service
- Ability to monitor budgetary spending within work area, against pre-determined targets. Weigh up options on a cost basis in order to make recommendations and continuously look for greater efficiency within work area.
After reviewing the position description if you would like further information on this role, please contact Wilma Bancroft, Manager Library Services on 02 9330 6060.
Applications close: Thursday 1 February 2018.
Applicants may be subject to employment screening by Councils third party providers.